Sunday, December 11, 2011

Texture Project



My description for this photo was:
Deep purples fade to lavendar and crisp white. 
Rugged green leaves and vines contrast the fragility of the petals.


In total I ended up with 27 layers in Illustrator. I sectioned out the different areas of the photo and labeled them appropriately. The typeface I used was ITC Galliard Std, which is a serif font. I mostly used it's ultra black italic weight, so it would hold the most colour, and the ragged edges would mimic those of the natural leaves and flower. 


I originally had done my texture piece on a close up shot of a banana, but changed to this photo because it had a lot more texture to play with. I really wanted to see how much I could get the recreation to look like the photo. I feel that I could've made it look more like the original image, however, time was an issue. So some of the details on the flower/leaves are not as exact as they could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment